King Charles III promised “full and wholehearted support” to the investigation into his disgraced brother Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, while stressing that “the law must take its course.”
The British monarch released a statement soon after the former Prince Andrew was taken into custody on Thursday — his 66th birthday — on suspicion of misconduct in public office and allegations he shared confidential material with Jeffrey Epstein.
“I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office,” King Charles said in a statement.
“What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities,” the statement continued.
“In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation,” King Charles said, adding that “the law must take its course.”
Andrew has previously denied any wrongdoing in relation to the late financier and pedophile Epstein.
Discover more from USA NEWS
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.