Three young suspects are facing charges in the rape of a 12-year-old girl at a community garden in Miami last year, police said.
The three suspects – ages 12, 13 and 15 – were initially arrested after the alleged rape that happened on June 18, 2025, but records showed two of them, the 12-year-old and 13-year-old, were booked into the Metro West Detention Center on Thursday to face adult charges.
Both the 12-year-old and 13-year-old appeared in adult court Friday, where a judge ordered them held without bond until their next court appearance.
Records showed the 15-year-old had an arraignment hearing in adult court scheduled for Friday.
According to arrest reports, the 12-year-old is charged with aggravated battery and false imprisonment, the 13-year-old is charged with sexual battery on a minor by a minor and kidnapping, and the 15-year-old is charged with sexual battery, false imprisonment, and lewd and lascivious conduct with a child.
According to the arrest reports, the victim said she was leaving a friend’s house on Northwest 3rd Avenue when she saw the three suspects and a witness.
She said the 13-year-old grabbed her and took her to the Green Haven Project at 1160 Northwest 2nd Avenue, a community garden in Overtown.
The girl said she was screaming as the 13-year-old took her to a couch in the garden as the other two suspects and witness followed, the reports said.
She said the 13-year-old sexually battered her as the other two suspects assisted, the reports said. The witness didn’t participate, the girl said.
The girl told investigators the 13-year-old only stopped when they heard her father calling her name and they ran off.
Detectives interviewed the witness who confirmed the victim’s story and said he didn’t intervene “because he was outnumbered and was afraid of getting beat up,” the reports said.
Discover more from USA NEWS
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.