A sign up on a locked entrance to the Franklin Mall — formerly, Franklin Mills — in Northeast Philadelphia, on Wednesday said the mall was closed following a fire that happened there over the past weekend.
And, contacted early Wednesday, a representative of the mall said the property was closed “until further notice.”
According to a sign — next to a an alert from Philadelphia Department of Licenses and Inspections that labeled the building as an “unsafe structure” — the mall has been closed since Saturday, Feb. 21, 2026, following a fire in one of the stores inside the mall.
The sign also notes that they were working “diligently to reopen the mall as quickly as possible.”
On social media, accounts for Franklin Mall posted an update Wednesday about the situation.
Also, in posts that have since been removed, mall officials said that some of the larger stores — Marshall’s, HomeGoods, Dave & Buster’s, and Walmart — remain open even through the rest of the mall has been shuttered.
Officials have not said when the mall could reopen.
In December of last year, the mall, that occupies 137 acres and was last appraised at $76 million, was put up for sale.
NBC10 has contacted Philadelphia’s Department of Licenses and Inspections as well as Jones Lang LaSalle Americas, Inc., the company that owns the property, for more information.
This is a breaking news story. It will be updated as new information becomes available.
Discover more from USA NEWS
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.